PostgreSQL Database Administrator
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking an Operational PostgreSQL DBA who will support the Federal client’s data programs through the development and support of the client’s databases.
- Ensure operational integrity of PostgreSQL Plus Advanced Server (PPAS), PostgreSQL and CitusDB environment
- Establish performance benchmarks, monitor and analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Monitor data warehouse performance and optimize via query tuning/indexing or disk I/O analysis.
- Automate deployment and management of database environment using Ansible and Puppet and database objects using Squitch.
- Work with Cybersecurity and Systems Engineering to document and maintain compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Manage and deploy PostgreSQL extensions and maintain compatibility with existing databases.
- Develop and execute migration plans for regular upgrades to all PostgreSQL clusters to the latest version.
- Support development of complex logical, physical database and metadata design efforts using databases such as PostgreSQL, CitusDB and SQL Server.
- Develop and maintain database functions and triggers using PL/PgSQL.
- Deploy and automate Extract Transform & Load (ETL) processes using stored procedures/functions, Python, shell scripts and tools such as Talend, Pentaho, or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Manage API and web services to download data.
- Develop user views and generate data models and Data Definition Language (DDL) using scripts or tools such as SQL Power Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, IT, Engineering, or other related field.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a DBA capacity.
- Experience using programming languages such as Python, Java, Jenkins, GoCD.
- Experience with shell scripting tools such as Talend, Pentaho, or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Ability to develop and generate data models and DDL.
- Experience working within databases such as PostgreSQL, CitusDB, and SQL Server.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long-term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.