Data Application Engineer
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, results driven Data Application Engineer who will support the Federal client's data program through the development of tools and infrastructure for the data processing use cases.
- Develop front-end applications and interfaces to integrate with data pipelines and the data warehouse environment.
- Develop applications on an ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack to expose visual interface to back-end data.
- Utilize continuous integration (CI) tools such as Go Continuous Delivery (GoCD) and Jenkins to facilitate reliable code deployments and automate repeatable, robust operations.
- Refine requirements from business analysts and stakeholders into functional applications.
- Manage existing back-end tools deployed in Go, Python and SQL.
- Apply conventional software development experience to create line of business applications using Salesforce and SharePoint platforms for collecting and presenting data.
- Manage Relational Junction and custom Python pipelines connecting PostgreSQL databases with Salesforce.
- Work in a Linux environment using agile methodologies and maintain code and documentation in both enterprise and public GitHub repositories.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field of study.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar capacity.
- Experience in development of software applications utilizing one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Jenkins, GoCD.
- Experience using SQL and database programming languages such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
- Experience building high availability, high performing, scalable data services.
- Ability to use tools such as ElasticSearch and frameworks such as Django as foundations for data applications.
- Ability to write code to manage back-end transactional processing systems, and high volume procedures.
- Knowledge of data sharing techniques and implementing scale-out data layers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Ability to multi-task as well as be strategic, creative and innovative in a dynamic, fast paced matrix team environment.
- Excellent documentation skills and the ability to recommend best practices and articulate process improvements and required changes.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while balancing rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.