GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a Data Engineer. The engineer will work closely with a federal client and their data management teams in support of the development of technology projects and resources. This position offers a great opportunity to be part of a high-performing team responsible for supporting a high-velocity big data environment. If you are interested in a challenge and a great working environment, apply today!
The Data Engineer supports the federal clients Data program and develops tools and infrastructure for data processing use cases. The position works under the direction of the Federal client Data Team Lead. The specific duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Design and build robust and scalable solutions for managing structured and unstructured data using traditional databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.), Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases and NoSQL (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) tools
- Work with business users and the data operations group to develop automated ETL routines to ingest disparate sources of data into SQL databases
- Orchestrate server environments on the data platform with tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Develop tools to support a team of Data Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- BA/BS in Information Technology or a related field
- 6+ years working in IT environment
- 3+ years software development experience with languages such as Python, Java, Rust, and Scala
- 3+ years experience with using Linux systems from the command line
- 3+ years experience with SQL Database design and querying
- 2+ years Python experience
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Open Source Development via GitHub
*Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government clearance.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.