GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing woman-owned (WOSB) dedicated service provider to both public, private, and Federal clients. The Company works hard to promote the best interest of their clients, their team, and their community while delivering excellence through their Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Data Analytics services and effective solutions to exceed the client’s mission goals and objectives.
The Python Developer supports the federal clients Data program and develops tools and infrastructure for data processing use cases. The position works under the direction of the Federal client Data Team Lead. The specific duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Design and build robust and scalable solutions for managing structured and unstructured data using traditional databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.), Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases and NoSQL (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) tools
- Work with business users and the data operations group to develop automated ETL routines to ingest disparate sources of data into SQL databases
- Orchestrate server environments on the data platform with tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Develop tools to support a team of Data Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- BA/BS in Information Technology or a related field
- Working in IT environment
- 3+ years of experience with programming and scripting using Python
- Experienced in developing/programming within a Linux environment
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Open Source Development via GitHub
*Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government clearance.
We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.