SQL Server Database Administrator
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking a SQL Server DBA who will support the federal client’s data programs through development and support for the client’s databases. The customer is looking for a lead DBA to help define and implement innovative strategic solutions to problems and assist in future deployments into AWS.
- Implement and administer SQL Server environment and ensure operational integrity.
- Establish performance benchmarks, monitor and analyze system bottlenecks, and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Support service desk tickets related to technical issues, access problems, and error messages.
- Monitor database performance and optimize via query tuning/indexing or disk I/O analysis.
- Automate deployment and management of database environment.
- Coordinate with Cybersecurity and Privacy teams to assess vulnerabilities, encrypt tables containing PII, prevent unauthorized database access, address System Security Plans and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), integrate security logs into Splunk, and update security and privacy policies.
- Participate in COOP and disaster recovery exercises and perform database backup, restoration, and recovery.
- Manage and deploy SQL Server extensions and maintain compatibility with existing databases.
- Create and maintain database documentation including templates, guides, and other materials.
- Develop and execute migration plans for regular upgrades of all SQL Server clusters to the latest version.
- Support development of complex logical, physical database, and metadata design efforts.
- Develop user views and generate data models and Data Definition Language (DDL) using scripts or tools.
- Support Sybase database sunset activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, IT, Engineering, or other related field.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a DBA capacity.
- Experience in database migration and AWS cloud architecture and migrations.
- Ability to develop and generate data models and DDL.
- Experience working with at least one other database such as Maria DB, PostGreSQL, Oracle, and Sybase.
- Knowledge of NIST, FISMA, and other federal security directives.
- Ability to provide off-hours support.
- Ability to be on-site in Washington D.C. at least four days/week
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.