The COTS Engineer position provides technical support for a wide variety of COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf software) applications. The individual must be able to quickly learn applications from both a technical and functional perspective and articulate the ongoing issues, their potential root cause, and the planned or implemented solutions to a broad spectrum of audiences including the supporting resources, executive management personnel, and customers. This individual must be able to analyze problems, and take accountability for the provided solution. Minimum of 5 years in a similar role. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a larger team are very important.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff, and both with technical as well as functional / business staff members.
- Ability to debug issues based on documentation and logs.
- Ability to coordinate between internal and external departments, outside vendors and across teams to reach an issue resolution.
- Experience understanding, creating and updating documentation.
- Thorough in following procedures and documenting work activities.
- Basic understanding of relational database technologies, software development, testing, and IT technology.
- Understanding of network connectivity issues, basic understanding of TCP/IP, routing.
- Experience building and repairing hardware software.
- Experience with reporting application tools, metrics gathering.
- Security certification, ITIL certification or other relevant certifications a plus.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.