Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer
GreenZone Solutions has a need for a Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer. The engineer will work closely with a federal client and their data management teams in support of the development of technology projects and resources.
The Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer supports the federal clients Data program and develops tools and infrastructure for data processing use cases under the direction of the Data Team Lead. The specific duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Application development using programming languages such as Java, Python, Rust and Scala.
- Complete software development lifecycle (SDLC) including writing requirements, implementation, testing, technical documentation and deployment of software applications.
- Assemble data storage and processing infrastructure that allows working nimbly through extensive amounts of analytics data.
- Design and build robust and scalable solutions for managing structured and unstructured data using traditional databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.), Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases and NoSQL (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) tools.
- Database instrumentation and automation.
- Troubleshoot and modify database configuration.
- Develop and documenting service Application Program Interface (API)'s for the collection, cleansing, and storage of data.
- Work with data scientists, database architects, data analysts, business users and business managers to identify and develop data processing use cases.
- Work with data architects, business users and business managers to identify and develop data infrastructure, including data layers, API’s, applications, and processing pipelines.
- Orchestrate server environments on the data platform with tools such as Puppet and Ansible or cloud infrastructure with Terraform.
- Develop interfaces and applications for accessing and visualizing data.
- Develop line of business applications using Salesforce and SharePoint platforms for collecting and presenting data.
- Work with business users and the data operations group to develop automated ETL routines to ingest disparate sources of data into SQL databases.
- Work with other data architects to develop databases and data models for PostgreSQL, SQL Server using tools such as SQL PowerArchitect.
- Document and maintain systems designs and operations manuals.
- Provide automation of data management processes.
- Tool development to support a team of Data Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
- Manage and maintain Data team’s Hadoop environment for Big Data processing and analysis.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Infrastructure automation tools, such as Puppet or Ansible.
- Apache or other webserver configuration.
- Open-source product deployment experience.
- Using Linux administration, automation, and shell scripting.
- In addition, the candidate should have the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with one of Python, Ruby, Java or C
- Communication skills and ability to work with customers, senior management and other technical teams
- Documentation skills and the ability to recommend best practices and articulate process improvements and required changes.
- Organized, with the ability to meet production deadlines, and self-direct when necessary.
- Hadoop (and related technology) implementation.
- Knowledge of Massively Parallel Processing databases like Greenplum or Redshift.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services and infrastructure as code software such as Terraform.
- Experience in working with massive amounts of data in a high availability environment.
- Experience in Database optimization, performance tuning, health monitoring, administration etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Direct experience with AWS
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.