GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing woman-owned (WOSB) dedicated service provider to both public, private, and Federal clients. The Company works hard to promote the best interest of their clients, their team, and their community while delivering excellence through their Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Data Analytics services and effective solutions to exceed the client’s mission goals and objectives.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer – Full Stack to contribute to an exciting federal project to create, transform, and modernize applications and data platforms. This is an exciting opportunity which will allow qualified candidates to further develop their skills and expand their area of expertise!
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Lead, and development team to provide overall data-engineering support and to understand project and application requirements.
- As a member of the development team, create and build customized infrastructure, applications, and tools that meet user requirements.
- As a Full Stack Developer, build and deliver data storage, integrate with existing data, and migrate the built big data applications to cloud computing platform by leveraging new technologies.
- Collect, build, cleanse, assemble and refine datasets to support the variety of data analytics needs put forward by business stakeholders including data scientists, law enforcement officials, and agency analysts.
- Networking, database, cloud engineering, security engineering teams to comply with the data security policies and procedures and trouble-shoot and resolve any issues in data engineering deliveries
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
- 2 or more years of software development and a passion for working with large data sets
- Demonstrated extensive experience working in large-scale data environments which includes real time and batch processing requirements, as well as graph databases
- Experience designing and delivering large scale, 24-7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- Hands-on coding experience in programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with Big Data platforms and technologies – AWS, Apache, Hadoop, Azure, and advanced analytics tools.
- Experience with ETL processing with large data stores
- Working knowledge of data security management policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps principles and practices and working on collaborative development teams
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.