GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a PostgreSQL DBA. The DBA will work closely with a federal client and their data management teams in support of the development of technology projects and resources.
The PostgreSQL DBA supports the federal clients Data program and works under the direction of the Federal client Data Team Lead. The specific duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Ensure operational integrity of PostgreSQL Plus Advanced Server (PPAS), PostgreSQL and CitusDB environments
- Establish performance benchmarks, monitor and analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Monitor data warehouse performance and optimize via query tuning/indexing or disk I/O analysis
- Automate deployment and management of database environment using Ansible and Puppet and database objects using Sqitch
- Work with Cybersecurity and Systems Engineering to document and maintain compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Manage and deploy PostgreSQL extensions and maintain compatibility with existing databases
- Develop and execute migration plans for regular upgrades to all PostgreSQL clusters to the latest version
- Support development of complex logical, physical database and metadata design efforts using databases such as PostgreSQL, CitusDB and SQL Server.
- Develop and maintain database functions and triggers using PL/pgSQL.
- Deploy and automate Extract Transform & Load (ETL) processes using stored procedures/functions, Python, shell scripts and tools such as Talend, Pentaho, or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Manage API and web services to download data
- Develop user views and generate data models and Data Definition Language (DDL) using scripts or tools such as SQL Power Architect.
- Work in an Linux environment using agile methodologies and maintain code and documentation in both enterprise and public GitHub repositories
- BA/BS in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience
- Significant expertise and experience in PostgreSQL is required for this position
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.