Big Data Architect
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a Big Data Architect in support of our Federal Client. The Big Data Architect will be responsible for architecture design, data process workflow and implementation of our Big Data platform. The Architect will be expected to lead and mentor data engineers to build a big data processing solution.
- Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of our Big Data platform and analytic applications for clients financial data
- Support highly scalable and extensible Big Data platform which enables collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels.
- Defining Hadoop architectures and recommend solutions to meet business requirements.
- Support migration from on-premise to AWS-based Big Data platform(s).
- Deep knowledge of Hadoop development and implementation.
- Translate legacy data pipelines into Spark-based data pipelines.
- Pre-processing using pySpark, Spark and Hive.
- Leverage Spark API to recommend real-time data processing solutions.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Managing and deploying HBase and/or other NOSQL databases.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Mentor data engineers on Hadoop eco-system toolset.
- BA/BS in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Database design and large (terabyte scale) database architecture
- Working with massive amounts of data in a high availability environment
- Experience configuring and administrating Hadoop, Spark and NoSQL databases like MongoDB and MapReduce frameworks
- Knowledge of Massively Parallel Processing databases like Greenplum or Redshift
- Unit Testing as well as Black/White box testing
- PostgreSQL and SQL Server development experience with experience in writing and optimizing SQL Queries using T-SQL and PL/PgSQL
- Experience in database optimization, performance tuning, health monitoring, administration, etc.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience using Git version control
- Scripting in Python or Java
- Communication skills and ability to work with customers, senior management and other technical teams
- Excellent documentation skills and the ability to recommend best practices and articulate process improvements and required changes
- Organized with the ability to meet production deadlines
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Clearance
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.