Data Services and Administration Senior Manager
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a leader who has both hands-on DBA experience and the ability to design an enterprise-wide data services and administration organization for in support of our federal client. The Senior Manager will be responsible for assisting our federal client with managing its current database environment, deploying new systems, managing upgrades, and planning for migrations to Amazon AWS environment. The Senior Manager will also lead a To-Be state and creation of Roadmap. This resource will then lead the execution of this Roadmap. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an enterprise data transformation, with opportunity for rapid professional growth and development.This is a proposal opportunity.
- Provide daily supervision for 10-25 DBAs and data services personnel working in technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, MariaDB, and PostGreSQL.
- Collect and analyze key performance indicators to assess database performance and health and provide reports to stakeholders.
- Assist in strategy and planning for migrating databases to AWS.
- Coordinate with Cyber Security and Privacy teams to assess vulnerabilities, encrypt tables containing PII, prevent unauthorized database access, address System Security Plans and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), integrate security logs into Splunk, and update security and privacy policies.
- Participate in COOP and disaster recovery exercises and perform database backup, restoration, and recovery.
- Support development of complex logical, physical database, and metadata design efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, IT, Engineering, or other related field.
- 10+ years of database development and related experience.
- 4+ years leading a team of DBAs.
- Oracle or SQL Server Database Administrator certification and AWS certification is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience creating and executing against some type of IT strategy
- Ability to plan and lead major technology assignments and apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks.
- Experience in database migration and AWS cloud architecture and migrations.
- Experience working within databases such as Oracle, Maria DB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Sybase.
- Knowledge of NIST, FISMA, and other federal security directives.
- Ability to provide off-hours support.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.