AWS Solutions Architect
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking an AWS Solutions Architect to support a federal client by leveraging an expertise in cloud solutions to provide strategic direction and technical oversight for the changing environment.
- Soliciting, analyzing and evaluating customer business requirements.
- Establishing requirements documentation for next generation procurements to meet mission goals and objectives.
- Evaluating vendor products for analyzing best fit and function to meet strategic initiatives.
- Performing alternatives analysis and market research studies that provide data which aid in the selection of tools, technologies, solutions and methodologies.
- Working with commercial off the shelf (COTs) vendors for establishing expectations for demonstration and extracting functional details for determining issues and benefits related to integration, capacity, reliability, resilience, and scalability.
- Incorporating labor needs and skills required for installation, configuration, and operations to proposed solutions.
- Assessing risk factors and limitations of current systems identifying areas of opportunity for cloud mitigation and improving system performance.
- Architecting solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Developing strategic architectural scenarios for future proofing designs against obsolescence and avoiding rework.
- Providing detailed benefits, cost, resource, technology, and return on investment estimates for proposed solutions.
- Guiding application deconstruction initiatives to establish low impact migration approaches.
- Providing strategic direction and technical oversight pertaining to the implementation of new tools, technologies, solutions and methodologies.
- Interpreting, implementing and adhering to agency and federal level technology standards, policies and directives.
- Integrating security as a part of the solution by establishing technological approaches to align with government information security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of related experience, to include: Amazon Web Services (AWS), cloud computing, client systems and applications, networking, infrastructure, data centers, programming, software development, web tools and technologies, databases and Big Data, ERP, etc.
- Experience managing or leading a team.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a Clearable US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.