Senior Data Engineer
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is a fast-growing woman-owned (WOSB) dedicated service provider to both public, private, and Federal clients. The Company works hard to promote the best interest of their clients, their team, and their community while delivering excellence through their Big Data, Business Intelligence, and Data Analytics services and effective solutions to exceed the client’s mission goals and objectives.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer for a proposal opportunity, to provide overall data- engineering support. The Engineer will work closely with a federal client and their Solutions Architect.
- Work closely with Solution Architect and Tech Lead to provide overall data-engineering support
- Build and deliver data lake, integrate with existing data catalog prototype, and to migrate the built big data applications from on- premise to the new computing platform by leveraging new technologies (such as Apache Spark)
- Collect, build, cleanse, assemble and refine datasets to support the variety of data analytics needs put forward by business stakeholders including data scientists, economists, enforcement attorneys, examiners and analysts
- Networking, database, cloud engineering, security engineering teams to comply with the data security policies and procedures and trouble-shoot and resolve any issues in data engineering deliveries
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of software development and a passion for working with large data sets.
- Demonstrated extensive experience working in large-scale data environments which includes real time and batch processing requirements
- Hands-on coding experience in programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, R etc for assembling diverse datasets.
- Experience designing and delivering large scale, 24-7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- Experience with Big Data platforms (Apache Spark/Hadoop/Presto/etc.)
- Experience in any big data technologies - Hadoop, EMR, Amazon Redshift, AWS DEVOps, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Data Lake, AWS DynamoDB, or advanced analytics tools will be plus
- Significant experience working closely with the business users of data.
- Working knowledge of data security management policies and procedures
- Experience of ETL processing with large data store
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps principles and practices
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.