Application Support Engineer
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. has a need for a Application Support Engineer with the ability to provide technical support for a wide variety of COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf software) applications. The individual must be able to quickly learn applications from both a technical and functional perspective and articulate the ongoing issues, their potential root cause, and the planned or implemented solutions to a broad spectrum of audiences including the supporting resources, executive management personnel, and customers.
- Coordinate between internal and external departments, outside vendors and across teams to reach an issue resolution
- Understanding, creating and updating documentation
- Debug issues based on documentation and logs
- Reporting application tools, metrics gathering
- Building and repairing hardware software
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Security certification, ITIL certification or other relevant certifications a plus.
- Must be able to analyze problems, and take accountability for the provided solution
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff, and both with technical as well as functional / business staff members
- Basic understanding of relational database technologies, software development, testing, and IT technology
- Understanding of network connectivity issues, basic understanding of TCP/IP, routing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a larger team
- Experience building and repairing hardware software
- Experience with reporting application tools, metrics gathering
- This role requires US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance(public trust)
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.