Senior Oracle Database Engineer
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Senior Database Engineer who will support the federal client’s data programs through development and support for the client’s databases. This resource will heavily assist in the migration from Sybase to Oracle (and possibly AWS, SQL-Server, Postgres, MySQL).
- Migrate database platforms from Sybase to Oracle
- Develop and Translate T-SQL to PL/SQL as part of database migration
- Develop scripted automation processes
- Implement and administer Database environments and ensure operational integrity.
- Establish performance benchmarks, monitor and analyze system bottlenecks, and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Support service desk tickets related to technical issues, access problems, and error messages.
- Monitor database performance and optimize via query tuning/indexing or disk I/O analysis.
- Automate deployment and management of database environment.
- Coordinate with Cybersecurity and Privacy teams to assess vulnerabilities, encrypt tables containing PII, prevent unauthorized database access, address System Security Plans and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), integrate security logs into Splunk, and update security and privacy policies.
- Participate in COOP and disaster recovery exercises and perform database backup, restoration, and recovery.
- Create and maintain database documentation including templates, guides, and other materials.
- Develop and execute migration plans for regular upgrades of all SQL Server clusters to the latest version.
- Support development of complex logical, physical database, and metadata design efforts.
- Develop user views and generate data models and Data Definition Language (DDL) using scripts or tools.
- Support Sybase database sunset activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in IT, Engineering, or other related field.
- At least 3 years of PL/SQL experience
- At least 3 years of experience writing automation scripts in Python or Shell
- Experience in database migration.
- At least 3 years of Linux/Unix experience
- At least 3 years experience writing stored procedures and triggers
- Ability to develop and generate data models and DDL.
- Experience working with at least two databases such as Maria DB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL-Server and Sybase.
- Ability to be on-site in Washington D.C. at least four days/week
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.