GreenZone is seeking a Data Scientist who possesses intellectual curiosity and passion for solving problems with an eye for optimization and efficiency.
- Meet with vital agency leaders and backers, collaborating with other consultants and advising agency personnel regarding the development of innovative data analysis techniques.
- Develop and apply quantitative analytic methods to identify, collect, store, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
- Develop analytical solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of the decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Build data ingestion and pipeline processes using open source tools and best practices.
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, or development of major programs and policies.
- Develop polished, high-impact reports and presentations that enable strategic decision-making supporting the project’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, quantitatively-focused social sciences, or other quantitative fields.
- 1 to 4 years of experience working with large and varying data sets, applying qualitative and quantitative analysis to interpret the data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish strategies, and make decisions.
- Understanding of and experience with building canned and ad-hoc reports based on user requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Projects, and Visio.
- Strong writing skills and experience conveying highly technical material to non-technical audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience utilizing open source tools such as Python, R, SQL, AWS, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Kibana, JAVA, Tableau.
- Knowledge, subject matter expertise, and experience working with financial and law enforcement datasets.
- 1+ years’ experience working in federal consulting, preferably for a DHS component.
At GreenZone, we are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the highest level of employee satisfaction by offering a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan and company match, a generous annual leave plan, and a commitment to providing a work/life balance for all employees.